Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade,
6 – 7 November 2012, Belgrade
The event was organized by:
- Faculty of Medicine & Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Belgrade;
- Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Menagment (Veterinary Directorate, Department of Health Animal Protection and Welfare) and
- in collaboration with The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to animals (RSPCA) in the UK.
- legal regulation,
- assessment of ethics,
- practical implementation of the 3R rules to improve science and animal welfare and
- opportunities for training and the exchange of good practice.
Educational set lasted two days and was very successful. The event was attended by almost hundred participants from Serbia and Macedonia.
Participants were five members of the ethics commissions, which are representative of their NGO for the animal protection (ORCA and Phoenix) in the ethics commissions.
The event was supported by funding Royal Society for the Prevention of cruelty to animals (RSPCA) from the UK.
Translated by: Tatjana Milić Babić